At Allies In Caring, we build collaborative relationships with clients, service providers and community partners.
With a sense of shared responsibility, we form a therapeutic alliance with our clients. We nurture self-awareness, mindfulness and kindness. Together we explore in a non-judgmental way both problems and potential.
We enhance our clients’ engagement in treatment and outcomes through:
- Paying attention to the goals that are important for the client.
- Honoring the client’s experiences and views.
- Drawing out resources and intrinsic motivation that already exist in the client.
- Affirming the client’s capacity to choose whether or not to change in every situation.
- Identifying and reducing the barriers that get in the way of the pursuit of the client’s goals.
We respond and make sense of the complexity of needs of our multicultural clients by applying culturally affirmative skills such as:
- Language accessibility; English, Spanish and Sign Language
- Knowledge of the specific effects of culture on the client
- Use of culturally and developmentally appropriate treatment goals, process, and content.
- Cross-Pollination: collaborating and building relationships internally with our team and externally with our community.
- Safety & Privacy: helping, protecting, and providing a safe environment where individuals and families can meet their goals and develop their strengths.
- Inclusion: accepting, understanding and affirming differences including race, ethnicity, culture, education, economic status, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
- Innovation: continuously developing and incorporating evidence based interventions and strategies while considering social changes.
- “Role, Goal and Context”: making sure that we take up our roles in ways that are functional and supportive of the goals of the individuals and the community we serve.
“We may want to love other people without holding back, to feel authentic, to breathe in the beauty around us, to dance and sing! Clearly recognizing what is happening, and regarding what we see with an open and kind heart, can free us to do so.”
Thank you for visiting our site!
Allies In Caring
425 N Third Street
Hammonton, NJ 08037
Video Phone: 609-798-0426