Allies in Caring & Hammonton Health Coalition
Project: Creating a Culture of Inclusion
This role offers an opportunity to work with a team of change makers to generate a voice for members of the community who are traditionally excluded and help them gain access to services and opportunities that can improve their health and well-being.
With support from a senior mentor the responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Interview individuals in the community, associations/support groups located in Hammonton and gather their story while also identifying their assets, talents or skills.
• Using community meetings, information surveys and conversation with residents, learn about and report on barriers to participation.
• Act as a liaison, helping members of the community access new opportunities and resources, share information with them about resources and opportunities, help connect resources needs.
• Work with teams to develop and implement initiatives
• Must be fluent in Spanish or have a history of being immerse in the Latino/ Hispanic community for at least 2 years,
• Must have ASL skills and experience working with Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals
• Must have knowledge of social media
• Must be an excellent communicator
• Must have a track record of having a good relationship with others and handling difficulties or conflicts in appropriate ways.
• Good problem-solving skills and able to think on the spot
• Able to visit organizations, schools, community centers, etc. in Hammonton
• Ability to work under tight time constraints
• Flexible Schedule
• Training in social technologies for creating change, etc.
• Obtaining experience as a community connector